There are two types of OLEV grants for charge points:
- Home charge point grant (EVHS)
- Workplace charge point grant (WCS)
Update 13th March 2020: OLEV has changed the grant for home and workplace charge points to £350 per socket, down from £500. This is effective from 1st April 2020.
1. What is the OLEV Grant for home charge points (EVHS)?
The OLEV Grant (also known as the Electric Vehicle Homecharge Scheme (EVHS) offers a £350 discount off the purchase & installation costs of a home charging point. The grant is available for most EVs and plug-in hybrids. You can claim one charge point per qualifying vehicle. A household can claim up to two charge point grants.
2. What is the OLEV Grant for business charge points (WCS)?
- The OLEV Grant also known as the Workplace Charging Scheme (WCS), reduces the purchase and installation cost of a workplace charge point by 75% (capped at £350 per socket).
- The grant is available for most EVs and plug-in hybrids
- You can claim from this scheme for up to a maximum of 20 charging stations (20 single - socket or 10 double socket charge points)
- The grant amount of £350, which has been increased from £300 as of July 2018, is available for a limited time.
- The programme will run until the 31 March 2019 or until the allocated number of 8,000 sockets runs out on a first-come-first-served basis, whichever comes first.
This cap/deadline includes both home and workplace charging, so don’t delay!