There are two types of OLEV grants for charge points:
- Home charge point grant (EVHS)
- Workplace charge point grant (WCS)
1. What is the OLEV Grant for home charge points (EVHS)?
The OLEV Grant (also known as the Electric Vehicle Homecharge Scheme (EVHS) offers a £500 discount off the purchase & installation costs of a home charging point. The grant is available for most EVs and plug-in hybrids. You can claim one charge point per qualifying vehicle. A household can claim up to two charge point grants.
2. What is the OLEV Grant for business charge points (WCS)?
- The OLEV Grant also known as the Workplace Charging Scheme (WCS), reduces the purchase and installation cost of a workplace charge point by 75% (capped at £500 per socket).
- The grant is available for most EVs and plug-in hybrids
- You can claim from this scheme for up to a maximum of 20 charging stations (20 single - socket or 10 double socket charge points)
- The grant amount of £500, which has been increased from £300 as of July 2018, is available for a limited time.
- The programme will run until the 31 March 2019 or until the allocated number of 8,000 sockets runs out on a first-come-first-served basis, whichever comes first.
This cap/deadline includes both home and workplace charging, so don’t delay!