Troubleshooting Home Advanced, Business Lite and Business Pro
Charge point not working or charge point does not recognise my charge card
- No electricity connected to charge point
- The card is not a charge card, but e.g. a credit card.
- The card is defective
- RFID reader at the charge point no longer works
- Move the position of the circuit-breaker (Note: If you have a three-position circuit-breaker, then you must first push it downwards before it can be pushed upwards).
- Check that your lease card is not just set for petrol.
- Check whether your card is worn or torn. If so, request a replacement free of charge on our website.
- Contact NewMotion if none of the above solutions help solve the problem.
Charge point light is continuously green
- The charge point is waiting for instructions from the car.
- Check whether the timer is on in your car.
- Check whether your car is already fully charged.
Charge point light is continuously red
- Charge point error.
- In the fuse box, briefly disconnect the charge point from the mains and then reconnect the power. The charge point then needs 15 minutes to start up.
LED light is continuously amber
- The charge point is starting up, rebooting or auto-updating
- Once the LED goes out, you can charge your car. This can take 20 minutes.
LED light briefly flashes green and is then continuously red
- Card not recognised or card not read.
- Car not correctly connected.
- If you show your whole wallet to the RFID, it may read another card. It is best to show just your charge card to the RFID.
- Your charge card is not activated. You can activate your card at my.newmotion.com
- Insert the cables again into the car and charge point
Charge point recognises my charge card but does not start charging or does not end the charging session
- The cable is not correctly connected.
- A different charge card than was used to start the session is being used to end the session.
- The cable is broken.
- Reconnect both ends of the cable.
- Have the cable tested by your dealer.
Charging cable stuck in the charge point
- The cable lock mechanism cannot be raised.
- The card no longer works.
- End the session with the same charge card that was used to start the charging session.
- Contact NewMotion.