(Technical) Product Manager
Who we are
Founded in 2009, NewMotion is the European market leader in advanced charging solutions for drivers of Electrical Vehicles (EV) and EV charge locations. NewMotion is started based on the belief that the world needs to transition rapidly from petrol based vehicles to electric vehicles. NewMotion aims to accelerate this transition towards sustainable transportation by enabling consumers/companies to start using Electrical Vehicles. This is achieved by development and rolling out the required infrastructure (charge points) and digital services to charge electric vehicles around the globe.
As product manager you are responsible for managing the entire lifecycle of (new) hardware products, products and services to support charge point operators (CPO) and related products and services like installation propositions of NewMotion in order to utilize these products and services as commercially efficient as possible.
In this role you will be able:
- To act as a project leader during the lifecycle of (new) hardware products, products and services to support charge point operators (CPO) and related services of NewMotion. Leading new product developments, product changes and phasing out products - and making sure that all teams within NewMotion are aligned on this.
- To set up (functional) requirements for (new) hardware products, products and services to support charge point operators (CPO) and related services.
- To act as the expert lead for related hardware products and services, with the ability to align with relevant disciplines such as finance, marketing and our department Technology & Innovation.
- To proactively provide all necessary information to relevant stakeholders.
- To negotiate terms and conditions (e.g. functional specifications, price and SLA) for the delivery of parts used in the development and the production of (new) products and services.
- To determine the specific deployment of (new) products and services by the business during their product lifecycle.
- To coordinate the improvement of products and services by analysis of frequent reasons for product failure, functional incidents or technical issues.
Qualification / Skills
- Bachelor’s/ Master’s degree, preferably in electrical engineering (but not restricted to)
- Experience in start-up, automotive or energy environment preferred
- Flexible self-starter, ability to work independently and learn fast
- Being able to communicate on different organisational levels
- Project management skills / experience
- Affinity or experience with IT development
- Commercial touch
- Result driven
- 3-5 years of working experience in a similar role or as a consultant
- Fluent English is a must, Dutch is preferred
What we offer
We are a professional company with an informal work atmosphere. We offer a competitive salary, casual work environment, a culture, and an atmosphere for professional development. Our global headquarter is located in the centre of Amsterdam and currently we do have activities in France, Germany and the UK. Your base location will be Amsterdam.
If you are interested in working at NewMotion and you can relate to our core values, then please send your motivation and CV to Erwin Rensen firstname.lastname@example.org. Looking forward to your reaction!