Software Developer (Scala) (Senior)
NewMotion, founded in 2009, is the European leader in the field of charging solutions for electric vehicles. With our products and services, we make electric driving not only easier but also more fun. From day one we play a leading role in the market by introducing innovative products and services that meet the needs of our customers. We deliver intelligent charging solutions for individuals, businesses and the public domain. NewMotion has a clear goal in mind: we want to give everyone the opportunity to choose attractive mobility based on renewable energy.
NewMotion manages and operates a European network of more than 24.000 online charge points with a custom made back-office. In addition to our back-office we build online portals and mobile apps to service our customers. We integrate with a lot of other charge point and charge card providers across Europe.
As a Scala Developer you will:
- Work on our Scala applications with an international team of 19 developers;
- Expandi and improve our existing Scala applications according to the needs of the business by, among others, adding new features;
- Help making architecture and design decisions together with the team.
Required experience & skills
- Minimum 7 years of development experience, whereof:
- Minimum 2 years of work experience in Scala software development;
- Strong interest in functional programming;
- Knowledge of Akka, Spray and building REST APIs is a plus;
- Experience with Scrum and/or Kanban is a plus;
- Self-motivated to explore new technologies, applications and environments;
- Self-starter, great sense of responsibility, team-player;
- Excellent communication skills in English, both spoken and written.
Apply for this position
The NewMotion team is a unique mix of expertise - with extensive experience in the technology and telecommunication sectors plus a passion for providing smart solutions that are good for people, the planet and our customers wallets.
You will work in a young and energised company that combines professional performance with an informal work atmosphere. Your work location will be our global headquarters located in the Houthavens in Amsterdam. With an exciting EV-future ahead of us, there will be plenty of opportunities for you to further develop your professional career within NewMotion.
Our customers made a choice which now saves our planet more than 2000 tonnes of carbon a year. It’s time to go electric. If you are interested to join us, please send your motivation and cv to email@example.com
Please note: acquisition on account of this vacancy is not appreciated.