Software Developer (Scala) (Senior)
The New Motion, founded in 2009, offers advanced charging solutions for drivers of electric vehicles (EV) and EV charge locations. All our activities aim to facilitate drivers of (Plug-in Hybrid) EV’s to drive as many kilometers on electricity as possible using electricity retrieved from renewable energy sources. Not only is electric driving a fantastic experience but it’s also good for the environment and great for your wallet. We make electric driving fun and easy.
In short - what are we developing?
The New Motion manages and operates a European network of more than 24.000 online charge points with a custom made back-office. In addition to our back-office we build online portals and mobile apps to service our customers. We integrate with a lot of other charge point and charge card providers across Europe.
What will you be doing?
- Work on our Scala applications with an international team of 19 developers
- Expanding and improving our existing Scala applications according to the needs of the business by, among others, adding new features
- Help making architecture and design decisions together with the team
- Minimum 7 years development experience, whereof:
- Minimum 2 years work experience in Scala software development
- Strong interest in functional programming
- Knowledge of Akka, Spray and building REST APIs is a plus
- Experience with Scrum and/or Kanban is a plus
- Self-motivated to explore new technologies, applications and environments
- Self-starter, great sense of responsibility, team-player
- Good English: both spoken and written, good communicator
What we offer
We are a professional company with an informal work atmosphere. Our office is located in the center of Amsterdam on one of the most beautiful canals; the Keizersgracht. You will work together with an ambitious, young and international team, where there is room for personal development. If you are interested in working at The New Motion and can you relate to our Core Values then please send your motivation and CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Personal applications only, no recruitment agencies please.