Android Developer (Medior/Senior)
The New Motion, founded in 2009, offers advanced charging solutions for drivers of electric vehicles (EV) and EV charge locations.
All our activities aim to facilitate drivers of (Plug-in Hybrid) EV’s to drive as many kilometres on electricity as possible using electricity retrieved from renewable energy sources. Not only is electric driving a fantastic experience but it’s also good for the environment and great for your wallet. We make electric driving fun and easy.
In short - what are we developing?
The New Motion manages and operates a European network of more than 25.000 online charge points with a custom made back-office application. In addition to our back-office we have some online portals, which manage settings. We also have numerous integrations with other charge point and charge card providers across Europe.
What will you be doing?
- You will be developing the Android app for customer facing services in an international team of developers and product owners
- You will work with our UI/UX designer to implement a responsive Android application based on accepted mockups
- Help making architecture and design decisions together with the team
- Solid knowledge and professional experience in Android development
- Interest in software design and app architecture (Clean architecture for example)
- Experience with Unit Testing is a plus (TDD even better)
- Experience with Scrum and/or Kanban is a plus
- Experience with Kotlin is be a plus
- Self-motivated to explore new technologies, applications and environments
- Self-starter, great sense of responsibility, team-player
- Passionate about open source
- Good English: both spoken and written
What we offer
We are a professional company with an informal work atmosphere. Our office is located in the centre of Amsterdam on one of the most beautiful canals; the Keizersgracht. You will work together with an ambitious, young and international team, where there is room for personal development.
Interested in this function?
If you are interested in working at The New Motion and can you relate to our Core Values then please send your motivation and CV to
Personal applications only, no recruitment agencies please.