Frequently Asked Questions
How does automatic reimbursement work?
The automatic reimbursement can be configured in your my.newmotion.com user account. Once configured, we will make sure that each month, an invoice will be sent to the bank account attached to the charge card (in case of a lease card this will be the lease company’s bank account). A credit note of the same amount is at the same time sent to the refund account. This way, each month you will be compensated for the costs of the electricity at home. To enable the automatic reimbursement go to: my.newmotion.com > ‘chargepoints’ > ‘configurations’ > ‘configure charge card access’.
How can I change my bank details of an existing bank account?
You can view and download your invoices and reimbursement overviews online on myNewMotion, starting from December 2019. To see them, log in to my.newmotion.com and navigate in the top menu to Billing > Invoices, shown by the piggy bank icon.
For your convenience, you will keep receiving your invoices and reimbursement overviews by email as well. Documents older than December 2019 should be available in your email inbox. If you cannot find them, you can send a request to Customer Care.
What are the costs of public charging?
The costs of public charging vary. We collaborate with many different charge point operators to grow and maintain our charging network. To be able to offer you a seamless charging experience throughout the entire network, we provide roaming services for which we charge a transaction fee of €0,35 with a maximum of 20 transactions per month. The actual charging costs may differ from local tariffs and tariffs can vary between charge points. To know exactly what your charging session will cost, you can easily check the actual tariff of the specific charge point in our Shell Recharge app.
*Tariff holds for both national and international charging, incl VAT.
My charge point is not working or charge point does not recognise my charge card. What should I do?
- No electricity connected to charge point
- The card is not a charge card, but e.g. a credit card.
- The card is defective
- RFID reader at the charge point no longer works
- Move the position of the circuit-breaker (Note: If you have a three-position circuit-breaker, then you must first push it downwards before it can be pushed upwards).
- Check that your lease card is not just set for petrol.
- Check whether your card is worn or torn. If so, request a replacement free of charge on our website.
- Contact NewMotion if none of the above solve the problem.
- How can I start a charging session with the app?
To get started check that you have the following:
- You have a registered and active my.newmotion account.
- You have a NewMotion charge card. This charge card needs to be activated and configured for public charging in your my.newmotion account.
- Your car is connected to a RWE charge point in Germany via a charging cable.