OZEV Grants for home and workplace charge points
The Office for Zero Emissions (OZEV) provides grants to help incentivize EV drivers in the UK. In this blog we provide guidance on the grants individually and how they work.
There are two types of OZEV grants for charge points:
- Home charge point grant (EVHS)
- Workplace charge point grant (WCS)
Update 13th March 2020: OZEV has changed the grant for home and workplace charge points to £350 per socket, down from £500 to enable more individuals and businesses to benefit. This is effective for installations from 1st April 2020.
1. The OZEV grant for home charge points
The grant for home charge points, also known as the Electric Vehicle Homecharge Scheme (EVHS), provides 75% off the cost of purchasing and installing a home charge point up to a maximum of £350. The grant is available for most EVs and plug-in hybrids. You can claim one charge point per qualifying vehicle. A household can claim up to two charge point grants.
Do I qualify for the OZEV Grant?
In order to qualify for the OZEV Grant, you will need to:
- Have a full electric or plug-in hybrid vehicle, purchased from the 1st October 2016 onwards. If you do not have your vehicle yet, you must have one on order
- Have off-street parking (for example, a driveway or garage) at your property
- Have your charge point installed by an OZEV-approved installer, such as NewMotion
Is my vehicle eligible for the OZEV Grant?
OZEV keeps an up-to-date list of vehicles eligible to receive the EVHS grant. You can find this list here.
Second-hand vehicles also apply – just make sure that with both new and used vehicles that your application for the grant is within four months prior to, or after receiving your vehicle.
How can I claim the OZEV Grant?
Claiming the OZEV grant is very straightforward and we take care of all the paperwork on your behalf. We just need some information and documentation as part of the process when you complete an order with us.
Learn more about our home line of charge points and make a request for further information today
2. The OZEV grant for workplace charge points
The Workplace Charging Scheme (WCS) is a grant provided by OZEV to enable businesses to provide charging solutions at work at a reduced cost.
What does the OZEV WCS grant look like?
The WCS reduces the purchase and installation cost of a workplace charge point by £350 per socket, for up to a maximum of 40 charge points. This can mean a cost saving of up to £14,000.
Does my business qualify for this grant?
The grant is available to all businesses large or small with some considerations:
- Your workplace needs to have dedicated off-street parking available
- Whilst you do not need to have electric vehicles currently in your fleet, or employees who drive electric cars to work, your business should be able to highlight the future need for charging solutions at your workplace
- Have the work carried out by an OZEV-approved installer
How do I claim the grant for my business?
Claiming the OZEV grant for workplace charge points is simple. The WCS is a voucher-based system and NewMotion can take care of most of the process on your behalf. There are just a few simple steps involved when you choose NewMotion for your charging needs:
- Customer completes online application
- Voucher is generated by OZEV and sent to customer to share with NewMotion
- Customer places order with OZEV grant factored into quote
- NewMotion completes installation with our OZEV-approved installers
- NewMotion submits claim on the customer’s behalf to OZEV
- NewMotion receives the grant
Get in touch to learn more about how to get started